Full program description
This 6-part program covers basic health equity and racial justice principles for public health professionals. The program consists of six separate components including a podcast, one self-paced training with free CE, and four On Demand-No CE trainings, each covering different aspects of either health equity or racial justice in public health. This program is helpful for public health professionals looking to increase their understanding of health equity and racial justice and gain tools to engage in antiracist practices.
To view this program as complete in your transcript, you must complete ALL 6 components within this program. Completion of each component will be tracked for program completion.
- Intro. to Health Equity and Racial Justice (On Demand-No CE): recorded webinar, 60 min. to complete (1.0 contact hour)
- Implicit Bias: Using Brain Science to Understand, Recognize, and Counter it (On Demand-No CE): recorded webinar, 75 min. to complete (1.25 contact hours)
- How to Be Anti-racist in the Everyday Practice of Public Health (CE): self-paced, 75 min. to complete (1.25 contact hours) - THIS COURSE OFFERS 1.25 FREE CE
- Racial Equity Through Action and Learning Summit, Part 3: Equity In All Policies (On Demand-No CE): recorded webinar, 60 min. to complete (1.0 contact hour)
- Cross-Sector Leadership & Health Equity (No CE): podcast, 75 min. to complete (1.25 contact hours)
- Advancing Health Equity Through Power Building And Narrative Change (On Demand-No CE): recorded webinar, 75 min. to complete (1.25 contact hours)
Total estimated time for completion: 7 hours (7.0 contact hours)
Public health and healthcare professionals across disciplines including but not limited to health educators, nurses, administrators, environmental health workers, and community health workers
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org questions.