Full course description
LIVE WEBINAR May 7, 2020 @ 11am-12pm EST
Sign-in link (opens ~10 min. prior to start): https://umich.zoom.us/s/94091293597
- Meeting ID: 940 9129 3597
- Calling in from the US? Dial one of these numbers and enter the Meeting ID: +1 646 876 9923, +1 301 715 8592, +1 312 626 6799, +1 669 900 6833, +1 253 215 8782, +1 346 248 7799
LGBTQ+ populations have traditionally experienced health disparities as well as other inequities, discrimination, and violence. Additional challenges exist for members of the LGBTQ+ community living in rural areas. This webinar will explore best practices for inclusive, affirming, and culturally competent care for rural LGBTQ+ populations.
Please note: In preparation for the webinar, there is an important video from Equitas Health on introductory LGBTQ+ terminology. If you are able to, please view the 30-min. video prior to the live webinar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNweq3z4zt0&feature=emb_err_watch_on_yt
Health care and public health professionals in rural settings, as well as health practitioners in all settings.
- Describe introductory knowledge about core LGBTQ+ terminology and concepts
- Identify unique challenges facing rural LGBTQ+ populations
- Discuss best practices to improve patient experiences for rural LGBTQ+ patients
Ramona Peel, MA, Lead Trainer for The Equitas Health Institute
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH, Areas of Responsibility: 1.4.2, 2.3.4, 2.3.6
- Certificate of Completion
The Michigan Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
Phoebe Kulik, MPH, CHES; Dany Zemmel, MPH; Ramona Peel, MA; Julia Applegate, MA
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit http://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.