Full course description
Public Health 3.0 / National Public Health Accreditation Series
- NOTE: Please enter your first name, last name, and email or you may not be counted for attendance/CE! If you're calling in, please "rename" your phone number with your full name OR send us your full name and phone number afterwards so your attendance/CE gets counted.
- Sign-in opens ~12:50 PM EST: https://umich.zoom.us/j/99567371829
- Webinar ID: 995-6737-1829
- Or iPhone one-tap : US: +13017158592,,99567371829# or +13126266799,,99567371829#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
- Canada: +1 587 328 1099 or +1 647 374 4685 or +1 647 558 0588 or +1 778 907 2071 or +1 438 809 7799
- International numbers available:
A three-part webinar series to assist frontline public health staff work towards achieving Public Health 3.0 and national public health accreditation.
Public health workforce development efforts have long been focused on traditional, disjointed training solutions heavily loaded toward discipline-based content and outmoded approaches. Innovation and multi-sectoral partnerships are needed to equip the public health workforce, particularly those in governmental agencies, with strategic skills to address the upstream social, economic, and community-based factors that impact health and well-being.
Part 3: Live Webinar May 19 @ 1PM ET
Part 3 of the live webinar will provide provide methods to disseminate data in simple ways in order to assist public health professionals, community members, policymakers, and donors determine how best to help people live longer, healthier lives. This webinar will also explain how data visualization is a critical component of Public Health 3.0 and national accreditation and will also discuss how these concepts fit together.
While it is preferable to register for and participate in all three sessions, participants do not need to attend all three in order to receive CE for a given webinar.
Public health professionals in all settings, including governmental public health, non-profits, health systems, etc. as well as across disciplines, whether health education, nursing, environmental health, leadership, etc.
Participants are encouraged to join the webinars individually or with others from their agency.
- Recognize the value of using and sharing data in simple, accessible formats
- Describe the components of an effective data visualization tool
- Discuss how data visualization can be used collaboratively in cross-sector partnerships and in the accreditation process
Ben Spoer, PhD, Manager of Metrics and Analytics with City Health Dashboard
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.5 MCHES Category I CECH, Areas of Responsibility: 4.5.5, 4.7.1, 4.7.5
- 1.5 Nursing Contact Hours
- Certificate of Completion
The Michigan Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
The Michigan Public Health Training Center at the University of Michigan School of Public Health is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Phoebe Kulik, MPH, CHES; Dany Zemmel, MPH; Ben Spoer, PhD; Julie McCallum, MPH, BSN, RN; Becky Ofrane, MPH
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit http://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.