Full course description
PLEASE NOTE: You must pay a $3 fee to enroll in this CE version of the course.
If you are NOT seeking CE or a certificate of completion, please enroll in the free version: https://www.mitrainingcenter.org/courses/igeua0622noce
The National Council for Mental Wellbeing created this graphic essay to increase understanding of the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) and Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey (PH WINS) conclusion that “implementing prevention and control practices that eliminate, reduce and manage factors that cause or contribute to public health workers’ adverse mental health status might improve mental health outcomes during this and other public health emergencies,” and to facilitate understanding of:
- The ongoing mental health challenges currently faced by public health workers as highlighted in the MMWR and PH WINS surveys.
- The mental health challenges have been experienced by public health workers, as documented through a series of brief key informant interviews with public health workers across the country.
- Recommendations from workers on how to support public health leadership capacity to build departmental and jurisdictional supports around mental health challenges in the workforce.
- Recommendations from public health workers on current and future training needs.
- Additional reflections on how to support development of the public health workforce and human resource mechanisms to mitigate burnout and ensure ongoing staffing recruitment and retention for the next generation of public health workers.
This training was originally held on June 13, 2022.
Public health professionals from Region 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI) and beyond
- Recognize the ongoing mental health challenges faced by current public health workers as highlighted in the MMWR
- Describe best practices and recommendations for a more sustainable public health infrastructure, including how to support public health leadership capacity and current public health professional training needs
- Identify 2 practices to increase personal and/or team wellness
- Seidale Shipman, MBA, PMP, Project Manager, Practice Improvement & Consulting, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Joan King, RN, MSN, CS, Consultant, Practice Improvement & Consulting, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
Continuing Education Credit
CE and certificate available for $3
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH (Areas of Responsibility: 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 5.1.1, 5.1.2)
- Certificate of Completion
*We report credits to NCHEC on a quarterly basis: January, April, July, and October.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.