Full course description
Live Webinar - April 29, 2021 from 11 AM - 12 PM EST
PLEASE NOTE: You must pay a $3 fee to enroll in this CE version of the course.
If you are NOT seeking CE or a certificate of completion, please enroll in the free version: https://www.mitrainingcenter.org/courses/icp1w0421noce
Public health workers and those coming into the field for the first time are facing unparalleled levels of animus from segments of their communities regarding evidence-based decisions made to protect the health and safety of the community. School closings, stay-in-place orders, mask wearing proclamations, and business curfews due to COVID-19 have set the communities collective alert nerve on high response.
Yet, there are personal and organizational tools which have been and are being developed to help break through the fog of this attack on public health. These include vaccine planning checklists, source-lists for the latest information about how to prepare for the vaccine itself, and how to protect yourself from the fatigue caused by so much misinformation.
Public health practitioners, students, and educators who are faced with misinformation and disinformation campaigns
- Describe a response framework for public health workers, students, and educators who are faced with misinformation and disinformation campaigns
- Describe successful efforts for distribution of evidence based information and health directives
- Discuss how the public health workforce can build capacities to effectively educate community members about the value public health workers add to community health and safety
- Recognize the role misinformation and disinformation play in driving personal decisions to enter the public health workforce
More information coming soon!
Continuing Education Credit
CE and certificate are available for $3. We will not be issuing refunds; however, if you miss the live webinar or do not meet the attendance requirement, we will email you a promo code to obtain CE for the on-demand.
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH (Areas of Responsibility: 5.1.3, 5.2.7, 6.3.2, 8.1.5, 8.4.1, 8.4.4)*
- Certificate of Completion
*We report credits to NCHEC on a quarterly basis: January, April, July, and October.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This training is co-sponsored by the Ohio Public Health Association.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.