Full course description
How to Maintain Your CHES/MCHES Credential 2019
This live webinar will provide information on the recertification process for those who hold the CHES®/MCHES® certification. Whether interested in certification, newly certified or credentialed for years CHES®/MCHES® will benefit from the information presented.
To begin the course, please sign in here by 12:10 PM EST: (Sign in link will be made available on the day of the webinar)
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES/MCHES certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification.
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits.
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online.
- Identify fees for maintaining certification.
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification.
- Brittany Chambers, MPH, CHES; Senior Education Manager, Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Keyonda Smith, PhD, CHES; Digital Accessibility & Healthcare Instructional Design Expert, Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Shontelle Dixon, MPH, CHES; Regulatory Health Project Manager, Center for Tobacco Products, Food and Drug Administration
Requirements for Completion
To receive continuing education or a certificate of completion, participants must:
- Register for this training through the Region V PHTC
- Sign in by 12:10pm ET and view the webinar
- Complete the evaluation by December 17th, 2019 (The evaluation will open at the end of the live session)
- Once RVPHTC staff have verified your sign in, you will receive an email notifying you that your certificate will be available to download in your dashboard. Please note that attendance verification is a manual process which may take 1-2 business days. We appreciate your patience!
Continuing Education Credit
1.0 CHES Category I CECH
The Michigan Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
Brittany Chambers, MPH, CHES; Keyonda Smith, PhD, CHES; Shontelle Dixon, MPH, CHES; Melissa Schmell; Phoebe Kulik, MPH, CHES
This event is a collaboration of the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC).
This webcast is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.