Full course description
PLEASE NOTE: No CE or certificate are available in this free version of the course.
If you are seeking CE or a certificate of completion, you will need to enroll in the paid CE version: https://www.mitrainingcenter.org/courses/ctcpa1221ce
Community Health Workers (CHWs) are trusted communicators who effectively disseminate health information within their communities. In this panel-based recorded webinar, participants will learn about the role of CHWs, how they strategically serve their communities, and ways in which CHWs can be incorporated into public health practice. Panelists consist of experienced CHWs who will share their perspectives and experiences in the field.
This training was originally held on December 8, 2021.
Public health professionals, especially those working on health behavior, health education efforts, including governmental public health, non-profits, and health systems
- Discuss the role of Community Health Workers (CHWs) in health communication and promotion, especially in rural communities
- Describe how and why CHWs are best equipped to address health inequities and promote care for underserved populations
- Recognize ways in which CHWs can be incorporated in your public health practice
- Danielle Joy Hixon, CHW, CAC, Navigator, Isabella Citizens for Health
- Lenny Avery, CHW, Executive Director, Alcona County Commission on Aging
- Andrea Krotzer-Burton, CHW, BA, V.P. of Training and Master CHW, Everyday Life Consulting
Moderated by: Shannon Lijewski, CHW, MBA, CHCEF, Principal for Everyday Life Consulting and Founding Board President for The Rural Community Health Worker Network
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.