Full course description
LIVE WEBINAR: MAY 8, 2020 from 12-1 PM EST
Sign in by 12:10 PM EST and view the live webinar: https://umich.zoom.us/j/95305565641 (sign-in will open 10 minutes prior to start)
- Meeting ID: 953 0556 5641
- Password: 268412
- Calling in from the US? Dial one of these numbers and enter the Meeting ID and Password:
- +1 646 876 9923
- +1 301 715 8592
- +1 312 626 6799
- +1 669 900 6833
- +1 253 215 8782
- +1 346 248 7799
This live webinar will provide examples of ways in which local health departments are mobilizing and training volunteers to respond to COVID-19, along with best practices for training and managing volunteers for short-term and long-term activities related to emergency response in general.
Public health professionals responsible for working with volunteers of different professional backgrounds during times of emergency response.
- Discuss best practices for managing volunteers during rapidly changing situations
- Identify strategies for training volunteers for short-term and simple volunteer opportunities
- Recognize different approaches needed to train volunteers for long-term and more complex volunteer opportunities
- Karla Black, PhD, MEP, PEM, Emergency Preparedness, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Development Coordinator at Kent County Health Department
- Margaret Henderson, MPA, Lecturer in Public Administration, University of North Carolina School of Government
Continuing Education Credit
1.0 MCHES Category I CECH, Areas of Responsibility: 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 3.2.6
Certificate of Completion
The Michigan Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166 (Links to an external site.)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.