Full course description
This live webinar will present preliminary results from the 2017 Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey (PH WINS) specific to Region 5. Of the 47,000 total governmental public health staff that responded to the survey, about 4,000 of the respondents were from Region 5 states (including Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Ohio). Content will discuss worker characteristics, workplace perceptions and training needs.
- JP Leider, PhD, JP Leider Research and Consulting, LLC
- Katie Sellers, DrPH, CPH, Vice President of Impact, de Beaumont Foundation
- Kris Risley, DrPH, CPCC, Managing Director, Workforce, de Beaumont Foundation
Public health professionals and other workforce development stakeholders in Region V (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota).
- Discuss preliminary results from the PH WINS survey.
- Characterize results in context of Region V and national estimates.
- Identify top training needs and areas for investment by training partners and funders.
This webinar is offered by the Region V Public Health Training Center in partnership with the de Beaumont Foundation. The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.