Reproductive Justice 101 (On Demand-CE)
Started Mar 4, 2021
Full course description
PLEASE NOTE: You must pay a $3 fee to enroll in this CE version of the course.
If you are NOT seeking CE or a certificate of completion, please enroll in the free version: https://www.mitrainingcenter.org/courses/rj101a0719noce
The rate of maternal mortality has more than doubled since the Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System was implemented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Despite significant increases in programming and efficiency of care over the last three decades, vast disparities persist in maternal mortality rates for women of color. Join us as the Executive Director of SisterSong, Monica Simpson, leads a training on the principles of Reproductive Justice and how health professionals can apply this framework when working with pregnant and new moms.
Nurses, health educators, public health professionals, community health workers, local health department staff, community organization leaders, social workers, behavioral health technicians
- Define the core principles of reproductive justice.
- Analyze current racial disparities in maternal mortality and other reproductive health outcomes using a Reproductive Justice lens.
- Identify national recommendations to address maternal mortality disparities.
- Recognize national recommendations for applying a reproductive justice lens in health care practice.
Monica Song, Executive Director, SisterSong
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH*
- 1.25 Nursing Contact Hour (Expires July 31, 2023)
- 1.0 CPH Recertification Credits
- Certificate of Completion