Full course description
This on-demand webinar will provide an overview of the epidemiology of COVID-19, with an emphasis on the Region V states. Participants will learn the basics of contact tracing and testing, and important considerations for case investigation interviewing practices.
Public health professionals and students interested in understanding the basics of contact tracing and public health interviewing best practices.
- Discuss the epidemiology of COVID-19 at the regional and national levels
- Define the practice of contact tracing and key considerations for its implementation
- Consider best practices for case investigation interviewing
- Nicole Parker-Strobe, MPH, Region 2 North Epidemiologist, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Marty Soehnlen, PhD, MPH, PHLD(ABB), Director, Infectious Disease Division, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Pamela Hackert, MD, JD, MPH, Senior Staff Physician, Henry Ford Jackson Occupational Health & Medical Director, Jackson County Health Department and Jackson Health Network
- Kayleigh Blaney, DrPH(c), MPH, Epidemiologist, Oakland County Health Division
Continuing Education Credit
1.0 CHES Category I CECH, Areas of Responsibility: 1.4.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.7
Certificate of Completion
The Michigan Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
Additional COVID-19 Resource
The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) and the National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD) are offering free training called "Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers." It is an introductory online course for entry-level COVID-19 contact tracers, for use by health agencies in rapid training of new contact tracers. The training will be augmented by state/local specific training required to orient individuals to jurisdiction-specific protocols. This training focuses on building knowledge for remote contact tracing; a subsequent release will include a module on field services. Accessible here: https://learn.astho.org/p/ContactTracer.
Phoebe Kulik, MPH, CHES and Kayleigh Blaney, DrPH(c), MPH
This webcast is offered in partnership with the Michigan Public Health Association Epidemiology Section.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.