Full course description
Live Webinar - December 8, 2021 from 11AM-12 PM EST
PLEASE NOTE: You must pay a $3 fee to enroll in this CE version of the course.
If you are NOT seeking CE or a certificate of completion, please enroll in the free version: https://www.mitrainingcenter.org/courses/ctcpw1221noce
Community Health Workers (CHWs) are trusted communicators who effectively disseminate health information within their communities. In this panel-based live webinar, participants will learn about the role of CHWs, how they strategically serve their communities, and ways in which CHWs can be incorporated into public health practice. Panelists will consist of experienced CHWs who will share their perspectives and experiences in the field.
Public health professionals, especially those working on health behavior, health education efforts, including governmental public health, non-profits, and health systems
- Discuss the role of Community Health Workers (CHWs) in health communication and promotion, especially in rural communities
- Describe how and why CHWs are best equipped to address health inequities and promote care for underserved populations
- Recognize ways in which CHWs can be incorporated in your public health practice
- Danielle Joy Hixon, CHW, CAC, Navigator, Isabella Citizens for Health
- Lenny Avery, CHW, Executive Director, Alcona County Commission on Aging
- Andrea Krotzer-Burton, CHW, BA, V.P. of Training and Master CHW, Everyday Life Consulting
Moderated by: Shannon Lijewski, CHW, MBA, CHCEF, Principal for Everyday Life Consulting and Founding Board President for The Rural Community Health Worker Network
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH (Areas of Responsibility: 1.1.5, 8.1.4, 2.1.2)*
- Certificate of Completion
*We report credits to NCHEC on a quarterly basis: January, April, July, and October.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.