Full course description
This live webinar comes from a breakout session from the 10th Annual Spectrum Health Community Health Worker Conference. This presentation will discuss the importance of CHWs/Promotores de Salud and Community Navigators in helping their communities stay safe during an emergency or disaster. Laura will explore with the audience proven strategies and walk through steps for setting up a disaster plan.
This webcast is intended for community health workers, students and professionals in the allied health professions, and anyone interested in the topic of emergency preparedness and response.
- Describe the role of CHWs/Promotores de Salud and Community Navigators in helping communities stay safe during an emergency disaster
- Discuss the different kinds of disasters and how CHWs can help develop strategies for setting up a disaster plan in their communities
- Discuss the CHW Werks (TM) training guide
Requirements for Completion
- Sign in by 1:45 pm and view the live webinar on August 24th
- Complete the evaluation by August 31st
Continuing Education Credit
A Michigan PHTC certificate of completion is available.
This webcast is provided by the Michigan Public Health Training Center and Spectrum Health Healthier Communities. The Michigan PHTC is a part of the Region V Public Health Training Collaborative.
This webcast is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP27881 Region V Public Health Training Collaborative. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.