Full course description
This live webinar will provide information on the recertification process for those who hold the CHES®/MCHES® certification. Whether interested in certification, newly certified or credentialed for years CHES®/MCHES® will benefit from the information presented.
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES/MCHES certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online
- Identify fees for maintaining certification
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification
- Brittany Chambers, MPH, MCHES; Associate Director of Education, Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Shontelle Dixon, MPH, CHES; Regulatory Health Project Manager, Center for Tobacco Products, Food and Drug Administration
Requirements for Completion
To receive continuing education or a certificate of completion, participants must:
- Register for this training through the Region V PHTC
- Sign in by 12:10pm ET and view the webinar
- Complete the evaluation by Dec. 10, 2020 (the evaluation will open at the end of the live session)
- You will receive an email notification from Canvas you that your attendance has been verified by RVPHTC staff. As long as you also complete the evaluation, you can then proceed to obtain your free CHES credit if desired. Please note that attendance verification is a manual process which may take 1-2 business days. We appreciate your patience!
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH*
- Certificate of Completion
*We report credits to NCHEC on a quarterly basis: January, April, July, and October.
The Michigan Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This event is a collaboration of the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC).
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
This webinar will use Zoom. For support information, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/201137166
Contact us at email@example.com with questions.