Full course description
This live webinar will provide information on the recertification process for those who hold the CHES®/MCHES® certification. Whether interested in certification, newly certified or credentialed for years CHES®/MCHES® will benefit from the information presented.
This session is intended for health educators with existing CHES/MCHES certifications or those who are interested in pursuing this credential.
- Identify the requirements for the maintenance of CHES® and MCHES® certification
- Identify where and how to find and submit Continuing Ed credits
- Describe how to monitor your CECH transcript online
- Identify fees for maintaining certification
- Discuss the Continuing Competency requirements for recertification
- Brittany Chambers, MPH, MCHES; Associate Director of Education, Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Shontelle Dixon, MPH, CHES; Regulatory Health Project Manager, Center for Tobacco Products, Food and Drug Administration
Continuing Education Credit
- 1.0 CHES Category I CECH*
- Certificate of Completion
*CHES credits will be submitted to NCHEC in January, April, July, and October for the previous quarter. If you need them to be reported sooner, you can send your certificate directly to them.
The Region V Public Health Training Center is a designated provider (ID# 99038) of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
This event is a collaboration of the Region V Public Health Training Center and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC).
The Region V Public Health Training Center is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UB6HP31684 Public Health Training Centers ($924,899). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by Region V PHTC, HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please try a different browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Internet Explorer and Edge will not work with our learning management system.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.